Monday, December 10, 2012

Class chalets

Yep, chaletS.

I had two class chalets last month, the first with my 2K class (Kellyxians!!). The second with my 4K class.

Before the 2K class chalet, I had my guitar cca, rendering me completely exhausted when I was at the chalet. We barbecued, mainly because of my protests at not having a BBQ haha. In the end, we ended up with too little food because I was scared that we would end up with too much food like the last bbq we had. So we ended up ordering pizza too.

We then played bucket, where everyone would answer a question anonymously and then the answers would be revealed to everyone. Pretty interesting game especially if there were controversial questions haha. Afterwards, a few of them went night cycling. I kinda regretted not going, but if I were to make a choice again given those circumstances, I guess I would still stay behind, because I was so freaking tired. I felt like dozing halfway through the bucket game. Which is to say, I wasn't in the 'high' mood needed for night cycling.

The next day, we basically lazed around in the chalet. In the late evening, we decided to play captain's ball by the beach. It was a pretty fun game! :) One of the few recent times where we all played a sports game together. Oh! And there was this cat which kind of got attached to us. So when we were playing volleyball, the ball went out and I wanted to pick it. When I got the ball, the cat pounced on my leg LOL. I bet it was planning on pouncing on the ball because that's what it did the next time round. But it really surprised me!!

Then we TRIED playing sardines, which failed TERRIBLY. Grace Nicoleg and I were probably the only ones actively searching for Weirong LOL. We saw a beautiful scenery and near-sunset though :)

Afterwards, I left the chalet with Nicoleg Grace And Jinheok (who had a sore throat) :) Sad that I couldn't stay for the second night!!

~

Okay, now for the 4K chalet. I merely went for the planned BBQ on the first night, but it rained so we ate out instead. Anyway, when I first went into the chalet, my expectations were totally not met, and in fact, they were failed very badly. This is the reason why: 2K's SAF seaview Resort was FREAKING AWESOME. Whoever that's planning to go there, you won't be disappointed, but will be pleasantly surprised instead. They have 2 floors. The living room has a huge tv, with a sofa. The kitchen provides everything!! Knives, utensils, tongs, even chopping board!! And they look clean. They even provide charcoal and fire starters!! AMAZINGGG. There are 2 toilets - which are freaking huge too!! Almost has big as a room lol.

Meanwhile, the 4k chalet was just.... frankly, it looked dismal the first time I saw it. I just went, "this is it??" Even Yohanes agreed. Anyway, we went for dinner at Downtown East in the end. We at Different Taste, really great (second time eating there). The portions were small though -.-

On the second day, I went there after guitar. The place looked better. The sunlight streaming in helped, A LOT. It made the place look livelier and bigger I guess. We had bbq!!! Which went better than the 2k one :)))

So, some of us were planning to go night cycling. I was a bit hesitant and very unsure. I mean, it's further from here to marina barrage than from saf seaview to marina barrage. And the 2k ppl took 6 hours the other time!! Eventually, I decided to go. I mean, I don't wanna regret again. So, we went to check out all the bicycle kiosks nearby.... and they were closed. Such an apt ending, because we took really long to decide if we wanna go (as usual). And by the time we set off for the kiosk, it was 9pm. But still, I think the walk to and fro the park was okay. Because I had people to talk to, and my group actually sat in the middle of some rocky floor in the shape of a circle at pasir ris park and talked a little. So yep, it was actually okay. We went night walking instead of night cycling LOL.

At night, we played a drinking game (with soft drinks). Pretty fun. Heard quite a lot of interesting stuff :) And I made everyone talk backwards, while joelle made everyone talk in alliteration. Not sure which was worse hahah.

The next day, I went bowling with Shernaine and Zixin, while Huiyi Randy Sheryl and Louis played bridge. Quite a good game, and I ended up with the highest scores hahahah. Afterwards, went home with Huiyi, while dragging my insanely huge guitar along.

~

Overall, the 2 chalets have been nice. In fact, they were better than I anticipated, for many reasons. I thought 2K chalet would feel awkward, given the span of time which we haven't met up. It did feel awkward at times, but it was pretty much okay.
I thought 4k chalet would just be... eventless?? hahah. Somehow, that was the feeling I got from 4K (case in example the night cycling). But I still got some fond memories and nice things that I did there, so it wasn't too bad.

Yep, the chalets of 2012 have both ended on a nice note, of which I am very happy about!! :DDD

No comments: