Friday, December 21, 2012

About holidays

Amazingly, holidays are already coming to an end (at least to me, it is). When nearing December, I feel a great reluctance to greet the new year. 

It is ending,
I feel sad.
It's waving me goodbye
Even though I'm pulling it back.

A new year ahead of me makes me uncertain and unsure about what to expect. I have mostly been the kind who does not dare to tread on new territory; it all seems so scary. Furthermore, a new year brings about the greatest tragedy that can ever happen to a student: the end of holidays and the start of school! D:

Looking back on my holidays, it has all been a complete BLUR. Seriously. I wonder where all the time went, so Huiyi and I decided to do a little recapping of our own.
  1. Studying for HCL O-levels / Workout
  2. Guitar CCA and camp
  3. Class chalets
  4. Work
  5. Work
  6. Work... (you get the hint)
  7. Dinner with friends
So, basically, work just took up a huge chunk of my time. Before the holidays, I use to think that work would be something for me to DO, but I have just realised that it wasn't something that I actually DID DID. Get the idea? Work is just work.. but it wasn't going to be like a 'highlight' or 'event' in my list of holiday activities when I look back at it, which made me realise that work was just A COMPLETE WASTE OF MY TIME. Yep, I got the monetary gains, but my days of working felt like a 'blank'?? It didn't feel worthwhile for me to use my holidays to work - especially since I did say that I was going to enjoy the holidays after all the major exams. 

Hmmm... so if I ever work again, it must be with friends. At least that will be memory/bonding session for me hahaha. 

Anyway, met up with Yunyi and Huiyi yesterday to practise guitar, with a lot of slacking done in between of course. 
I've finally watching Breaking Dawn. Thought it was awkward at times in its execution, but overall, a major improvement compared to previous films AKA more interesting.
Hmm, I wanna go bake and workout with my Purple Buds!!! But some are working and busy, HAIZ.

Also, I have just watched the film Across the Universe, which is a musical featuring songs from the Beatles. OMG, I never knew that The Beatles' songs were SO FREAKING GOOD AWESOME AMAZING ADDICTIVE. Currently, my favourite is Hey Jude :D However, I like the film version's of the songs rather than the original, hahah.


This is the part in the film with Hey Jude :))

Going off overseas tmrw (not exactly a very far place hahaha). Shall tell you where when I return :D

Okay, starting to feel a little hungry... XD

No comments: