Thursday, December 16, 2010

school's starting, ugh

I went back to school today to do some wen yi camp stuff. we had to come up with an identity etc. It was really just quite awkward in the beginning with no one talking. But then I think people started to warm up so it became better i guess :)

I reserved a book called "My Story" which is a combination of 3 books, 'A Child Called 'It'', 'My Name is Dave' and something else. It's about this boy who goes through abuse by his mother. He eventually stands up against it, etc. I saw it in Popular and I read a few paragraphs. It seemed quite interesting and the paragraphs are quite concise. The story seems to move fast, which is good because in most cases, biographies are really really slow.
I am quite looking forward to it :D

My cousin is going to treat all the other cousins to a movie treat this Sunday. I am quite excited about it and yet, abit reluctant i guess. Because most of the cousins have like a 5 year gap from me, which is REALLY huge. So we arent really that close. My brother is lucky and has a cousin 1 year younger so he still has a companion, while I am just stuck 'in-between'. But well, I am still going to enjoy the movie!
It's called Yogi Bear. And the premiere is supposed to be 23 dec, so we arent really sure if it's showing in The Cathay at sunday. But the relatives said yes, so i guess it must be :)

I really dread going back to school. I bought some remaining books needed and am just reminded of how fast everything is going to be.
I mean, we are all going to be secondary 3 students very soon.
The guys are gonna wear long pants. Is that some kind of reminder that we are all growing up??
And we are changing classes, which is always very difficult.
The same few introductions every year.
We would have to do it like 10 times because every subject teacher would probably ask for it. "Please stand up and say your name, CCA and something about yourself."
New subjects. Tougher subjects. More complex subjects.
I wanna go back to the days when expectations werent so high, and my achievements seeming so low.
Can't we go back?

No comments: