Thursday, March 15, 2012

homework, to do or not to do?

Actually, the title might be a little misleading because I have actually finished most of my holiday homework. I am currently only left with two - chemistry worksheet and a history essay. It is the history essay which puts me off because I really have NO MOOD to start on it at all!
I usually have an enthusiasm for such things! I would be thinking, "okay, let's start on this and get high marks!" Yep, I am a person who REALLY CARES ALOT about marks. People often ask me why I do so well and I think the main reason is because of marks.
Seriously speaking, I hate studying. I have actually contemplated quitting school and getting a job before. Yep, I did! I think it was around last year when I starting to have these crazy thoughts. I felt like I did not have any direction or goal in life and that I was just wandering aimlessly. I did not know what I wanted to be when I grow up.

I was especially frustrated because I did not seem to have the passion for anything in life.

So, I have always been living in the moment. Even now.
I guess marks are just a short-lives motivation for me. I WANT to get high marks - that's essentially the key to whatever I do. To get the best results possible. I love self-satisfaction :D

Okay, anyway back to the topic - history essay. I heard from one of my friend Siyun that we did not have to do it O.o But I am really doubting that such miracles could come true! I believe that we will STILL have to write the essay eventually, it's just a matter of when. D: So, I WANT to do it ASAP, I am just too lazy to start on it!

And yes, I realised that I have been very lazy these days~!!!! I have SOME stuff on my agenda but I always find some excuse to push it back or refuse to do it -.- I NEED TO GET STARTED.

Oh yeah, I went to watch WICKED with Siyun (that was when she told me we did not need to do the essay), Nicole and Krystal.
We met up at Suntec and ate Astons! Siyun and I did the horrible mistake of ordering spaghetti - I did it to get the soup. LOL. The spaghetti was horrible. I never liked spaghetti with sauce. What's more, we ate dominos during lunch while doing project with Huiyi and Xuechun.
Krystal came over and said, "I saw you two eating spaghetti and I was like, why? why?" HAHAHA. yes, I now know my mistake. I WILL NEVER ORDER SPAGHETTI FROM ASTONS. To quote myself, "I was foraging for salmon amongst the spaghetti."
We laughed over a lot of stuff while eating. Oh yah, we also talked about Xiaxue and Naomi. I HAD NO IDEA WHO THEY WERE INITIALLY - "living in my own bubble".
I was just listening to them talk about them. Anyway, I was interested and since I was reluctant to start on my essay, I went to check out their blogs just now heh. LOL. Xiaxue's blog was pretty interesting and the most recent one about being selfish is kinda cool and truthful. I also went to read Naomi's one which was regarding her haters lol. She actually took the time to print screen her hater's twitter comments and post it on her blog, hahaha. I wonder how she has the time to do such stuff, while I am here worrying about my essay =_=

So, yeah, we then went to MBS. We took some pictures using Nicole's camera :)
And then, at 7.30pm, WICKED started.

Wicked was really good and awesome. Electrifying, an eye-opener! :D The songs that they sang were actually good! The whole stage set-up was really cool and nice as well! The story really felt like Romeo and Juliet at the beginning (where they announce the whole story's ending at the prologue lol). The green girl really creeped me out initially. haha! Anyway, the story was really touching as well. I actually cried a few times during some of the parts.
The last musical I went to was Mamma Mia! which was when I was p4? I don't remember much of it already, just a woman at the top of a make-shift cliff singing something. So it was a really wonderful experience to watch such a fantastic play AND remember it! :))

And I finally managed to watch Guzaarish just now! The storyline is SSSSOOOOO similar to Me Before You!!! They should have collaborated or something, haha! Anyway, the movie was a tear-jerker :') You really feel as if you are in Ethan's shoes. Anyway, the movie is about a man who petitions for euthanasia because he is unable to move any of this body from his head onwards. Furthermore, he was a famous magician before that so the suffering and entrapment he feels is much more intensified. The movie is shot beautifully and everyone should watch it! :))

Yay, the past few days' events have been recorded :)
Now, on to whether I should do my essay...

No comments: