Thursday, April 19, 2012

Too much on too little

To follow up on my previous post, I have watched the Hunger Games! :D
It was quite good (info: I have not read the book then yet). Katniss was really good (I'VE LOVED HER EVER SINCE X-MEN FIRST CLASS) and Peeta was much more likeable than Gale.
And yes, Gale was ugly and technically useless in the movie. He only appears for let's see, less than 30 minutes and he is listed as one of the main characters. Seriously?! I mean, even Haymitch and Effie had much more scenes, and important tasks to deliver than him. However, I kind of understand because the book is like that. But the order of the names during the credits just pisses me off, still. I mean, he was in the first three names to appear (WHAT.) 

So, on to the main topic. 
Singapore is way too overcrowded.
I just realised that this morning when I was taking the train to school. I took it during the peak hour. At Kovan station, only three(?) people could get into the train carriage. THIS, despite the fact that we have already moved in to the centre of the train cabin, etc. 

SERIOUSLY. PEAK HOURS JUST MEAN PACKED TRAINS, BUT NOT SITUATIONS WHEN SOMEONE CANNOT GET INTO THE TRAIN.

I was really bewildered at that and just thought, "When is enough enough?"
The government said 4 million some years back, and now, it's 6 million. I mean, look around you, how are you actually going to squeeze 6 million people into Singapore, PERMANENTLY. Not to mention those who are staying here temporarily.
I mean, Singapore has 704km2 of space. That means each of us (6 mil) will get about 117.333m2 of space. If I square root it, it will become 10.832m. That would mean that each of us gets a square of about 10m in length! That's still quite a lot, but imagine what happens when MORE people come in!
Look at Australia, they are how many times our size, and look at how many people they have! I think they have only 3-4million people!

I am not being anti-PAP here. I just hope that the government will know when is enough enough.
There is a limit to the amount of land you can reclaim.
There is a limit to the amount of buildings you can build on land.
There is a limit to the population of people you can put on Singapore. 

Furthermore, there are also SO MANY MRT BREAKDOWNS recently. The problem of overcrowding is further highlighted during such situations. Look at the amount of people that are already on the train platform when two trains are missed!

Either that, or they increase the number of trains. I remember that I read somewhere, (one of the most liveable cities) had trains that arrived every 60 secs! IMAGINE THAT. 

Okay, enough about ranting here.

Something also happened last/this week that really got me irritated as well D:<
It has something to do with a project... I should probably blog about it later on this year (after people have forgotten about it :P)

Common tests are coming and I have gotten nothing done yet...
SEE! TOO MUCH AGAIN. TOO MUCH EDUCATION - HAHAHAHA! 

No comments: