Friday, January 9, 2009

I am suupppeeerrr excited! Today is the last day of orientation and I will be performing in a concert with my newly-made friends and classmates.
I was in the group in charge of decorating the banner. The banner is finished and looks vibrant and colourful, though it just needs a few more finishing touches. It represents different characters of us and am I proud as well as glad that I can be of some help! :)
Another group was the one which is doing the mascot, Scooby Doo. With their creativity, I am sure that the mascot will come out brilliant! They are using cardboard and some other materials to make our mascot seem as realistic as possible. Their hardwork and perseverance will soon pay off, I am sure! :D
The last group is in charge of planning the skit. The skit goes something like this:
Scooby Doo and some other characters are going to participate in a talent contest. However, Barney wants to cheat. Scooby Doo overheards the conversation between Barney and his accomplice. Scooby Doo informs the judges but they do not believe him. Thus, Scooby Doo hides a recorder/microphone behind him and questions Barney. Barney remarks, "So what if I want to cheat?" What he says is being aired in the auditorium. The judges are shocked and disqualifies him. Scooby Doo is praised for his quick thinking.
Actually, Grace and I do not really like the script of the skit. In fact, I think that since the characteristics of Kellyx is charming and affable, he should be doing something like a kind deed. Perhaps when Scooby Doo and Shaggy were eating, they heard the news reporting of the terrible state which the poor children of Africa were in. Scooby Doo and Shaggy were touched and set off for Africa with the gang in a private plane. They reached Africa in a few days and gave some free food to the kids and interacted with them. This trip left a deep impression on the gang...
Anyway, will be going to school later and then will be staying there til around 9.30pm. I will be going earlier later to help finish up the remaining work. :) Will post about the concert and take some pictures, that is, if I can. :)

~waiting for the exciting moments...

No comments: