Tuesday, August 11, 2009

failure

I cannot believe this. The harsh reality stared right back at me, straight and sure. I merely looked back with disbelief. This could not be true. I had never experienced this before. What had gone wrong? There must have been some kind of mistake. I whispered, "Oh my god."

I FAILED MY GEOGRAPHY TEST.

I have never ever failed a graded test before.

I was shocked. Just shocked. The number 6.5 stared back at me unwittingly. I could do nothing but whisper, "Oh my god." The teacher said hesitantly, "Yes, you did quite badly this time round. So, I have organised a remedial lesson just for this chapter, Rivers. Which lesson could you go? Wednesday or Thursday?" I merely replied, "Thursday." I was still shocked. I did not feel sad, or feel like crying. Just plain shock.

***Btw, this is NOT a composition of any kind. THIS IS TRUE. EVERY WORD OF IT. I AM STILL TRYING TO ACCEPT THAT HARSH REALITY. :'(

No comments: