Tuesday, May 25, 2010

level camp

YES, I AM BACK. ALIVE.
haha. jkjk.
I will probably be typing about level camp stuff during this post.
Hmmm.... Got a lot of stuff to write about so I will keep it short.

Day1
Went to school. Gathered at Indoor Sports Hall.
Got our camp booklets and headed to Chai Chee Sunlove.
Got our level camp tee. The words behind just looks like a mass of dots.
Helped an elderly auntie clean her room.
Her room was actually quite clean though small.
I cleaned it with Zhenyang, Gerald, Xuhua and Yingxuan.
Think that we did a pretty good job. :)
Xuhua accidentally crushed a dead cockroach and it went 'crunch'.
Felt a bit regretful when we took the drink from the auntie as it might have been expensive to them.
Afterwards, we performed the Lemon Tree for the old folks.
Think we did quite okay lahs. Though we screwed up abit. ><
Went to the jetty. Took a bumboat. Strong wind~
Arrived at Pulau Ubin.
Pitched tents for the guys' sleeping area.
Bathing time was horrendous. The queue was crazy.
I had to wash my hair in a basin then shower in the shower area in 1 min. :(
Ate dinner, usual stuff.
Then slept with 5 other people.
I woke up every one hour. -.-

Day 2
Woke up and brushed teeth.
My shoes were wet cuz it rained last night and my shoes were outside the tent. :(
Ate breakfast in the conference room. Woohoo~
The instructors kept on telling funny jokes while we were waiting. HAHA.
Went for expedition.
Did outdoor cooking.
Starting the fire was very hard. zzz.
Maggie noodles dont really taste nice after you eat too much either.
Hot dogs are okay though.
Then, it started raining.
HEAVILY.
We had to wear ponchos and trek everywhere.....
My cap got ultra wet. D:
I was very irritated. But it was abit fun at the same time.
We FINALLY got back to the camping site.
Bathed. Crazy queues too.....
Ate dinner.
Then, did camp preperation for the performance that our groups, 3 and 4, need to do during campfire.
After that, we went for the confidence nightwalk.
I walked with Nicole and it wasn't scary. -.-
Went to sleep finally. Had difficulty though.
The end of my sleeping bag was wet and I could not stretch out my legs. grr.

Day 3
Had good news.
We were gonna sleep in chalets that day.
According to our CLASS :D
Yippee.
We did high and low elements today.
Low elements were cool. It was fun.
Learnt a lot about teamwork here.
High elements was scary.
I went up there and my legs were practically shaking like hell.
I walked on a brigde which is a few wood planks held together by a string.
Was really petrifying.
I walked too fast and tripped.
Hit near my shin. Was damn painful.
I was really scared and thought that I was going to fall off.
I heard the instructor in charge shouting, "Eh! You better get up if not I need to go up there to rescue you!"
How great.
I stood up and finally finished it shakily.
I finally falled off and completed everything.
YAY. :D
We did the rafting then.
The raft was epic fail and it sunk.
But I think that our group showed teamwork here. :)
After that, we had our campfire.
We did our dance. Was very crammed.
Was very tired near the end of the campfire.
Went back to chalet and chatted with classmates before sleeping.

Day 4
That day was EPIC.
We were supposed to wake up and get ready and wait for our teacher at 7.30am.
Guess what?
We overslept and woke up at 7.30 on the dot when the instructor came in and woke us up.
HAHAHAHAHA.
Epic sia.
We rushed and everything.
Did not even brush our teeth. Gah.
Then.... after hearing 'stories', I found it funny that we woke up late.
1. Joelle woke up early. She brushed teeth, etc. She did not know what was the time so she just lazed around. Then I said that she had a watch. She said that it was only for show and that it had actually stopped already. -.-
2. Pamela actually heard the alarm clock. She stopped it and went back to sleep. -.-
I can only laugh about it. haha.
Took the boat back to Singapore.
Ate mac's with most of the kellyxians.
Finally....
HOME SWEET HOME.

No comments: