Friday, May 25, 2012

Green fields

Just some random poems that I wrote when I was waiting for my brother to hand me the vodafone so that I could access the Internet a few days ago...
I am looking forward to my UK trip :))
Hopefully, it will go well, be memorable and awesome!

Green Fields

Looking above the horizon,
I saw nothing.
Endless fields of green,
Dancing to the rhythm of the wind.
Up, down, left, right.
It seems as if it is all they do.
Up, down, left, right.
How simplistic their life must be.
Up, down, left, right.
And yet, how easily they are crushed too.
Up, down, left, right.
A snap to their heads under our feet.
Up, down, left, right.
How weak.

But such weaklings are strong as well;
They bear the brunt of Mother Nature.
Sun, rain, snow, wind.
When does it stop? They never know for sure.
An endless cycle of vicious torture
On their weak bodies as thin as paper.
They know that they must survive this storm,
But they do not know what for.
Many artists, poets, writers and famous leaders
Claims that in Nature, there is much to offer.
But all that I can see at this field of green
Is their piteous, endless suffering.

My World in a Book
Opening a book,
Admiring the fine print,
Smelling the cover,
Trying not to break the bridge.
Absorbing each word,
Guessing its meaning.
Intrigued and disturbed
At plots and endings.
Losing myself,
I am escaping
From the real world
To where I want to be.
Where dreams come true,
There are happy endings.
Boys are good-looking,
And girls are pretty.
But books are words,
Words are not reality.
I have finished my book
And my world is slowly crumbling.

No comments: