Monday, October 29, 2012

Events, one after another

So, just some updates on what I have been doing:

After we attended bowling for our post-exams activities, a group of us went to Vivo City. We ate lunch, sat in a circle and played some games. We then played sardines, which was actually quite fun, but tiring. One of us would hide, while the rest of us were seekers. When the seeker finds the person who hid, he would have to hide with him too. The last seeker remaining loses. Vivo City was so big (and we only played on the top level!!). Quite fun ahahah. After that, we watched Perks of Being a Wallflower. I thought that the book was nicer then the film though. The film was I guess... subtle?? But I hate films that are subtle because in books you kinda get it, but in films, nah. There were also too many elements in the book that were fitted in the film, making hard to concentrate. All of us were also very tired, so it was kind of hard trying to stay awake during the movie. Oh, and if you watch the movie without reading the book, you would just walk of the cinema going "whaaaaaaat?" So, advice: read the book before watching the movie.

I also went to eat Fish @ Co. at Suntec City with some of my classmates: Zixin, Sher, Chunsan, Xue Chun, Karen and Joelle. Omg, the lunch became a laughing session. All of us laughed for at least 30 mins I think. Mainly, there were a few causes for laughter:
1) My snide remarks (I asked where was the feedback form when the waiter got the order wrong, and I said bye to Xuechun when she asked if we could eat at some other place - being my mean self hahahah)
2) Xuechun's bluntness and cluelessness (she asked for refills of the salad bar, and attempted to make some word sound like oranges by saying it real slow)
3) The laughing video
4) Joelle's laughter (freaking infectious)
5) The weird menu (seriously, 3-some??)

Then I went bowling again with some of my classmates during the last day of school (which DID NOT feel like the last day of school). Played some cards too, had some fun :D
Took lots of unglam pictures too.

Last Friday, I went to Shermaine's house to play (haha, we sound so childish). Xuechun, her sis, Randy, Trevor, Huiyi, Yunyi and Dion were there too. We played mahjong, bridge, some x-box racing game. All of us bought mac's too (some general consensus to get fat together), except Shermaine who ate chicken rice. I regained some memories about knowing how to play mahjong. I played bridge with Dion, Huiyi, Shermaine and Trevor. There were moments when we all laughed in exasperation at Dion's actions during bridge and I was saying that whoever plays with Dion will lose (but Dion finally won a game ahhaha).

After returning from Sher's house, I celebrated my brother's birthday with my extended family. Watched this really gory movie (which I watched before), watched the channel 8 show, and other stuff. I was really tired by then (see my eyes closing).

On Saturday (the next day), I went dancing with Zixin - oschool at scape. The open class was so hard. I had trouble keeping up and was pretty sure that I danced as if I were drowning underwater. Flabbing my arms wildly, struggling to keep up. Hahah. I shall go for another class this saturday, but shall go shopping with Dion and Zixin before that hahah.

After the dance class, I headed to my cousin's house/function room for her 21th birthday. Ate food, talked a little. My legs were aching by then because of the dance lesson too.

Wow. Just realised I had a lot of events happening :)

Anyway, my mind was also troubled over the past 2 weeks because of my subject combination choices (which I have already submitted). I was stuck between english language and linguistics (ELL), history and economics. I needed to choose two out of the three. My confirmed choices were Maths and Physics. I realised that my school did not allow the subject combi of MPHEll, so I definitely needed to take Econs. I was stuck between ELL and history and frankly, I was fine with both. Flipping a coin did not help.

I discussed with my parents and decided ELL. I guessed in the depths of my heart, I wanted ELL. But I was too afraid to take it ( it was a totally new subject to our school), and I just couldn't bear to tear history out of my life (I mean, I have been studying it for 4 years?!! There's some attachment there.) So I chose MPEcEll as my first choice. Choosing subject combis was such a headache for me!!! Totally did not expect it to be that hard for me to choose. o_O

Gonna study chinese these few days!

Wish me luck for HCL O-levels :)

No comments: