Saturday, October 20, 2012

YEP - Dunmania

I attended Year End Party for Year 4s - Dunmania 2012, yesterday evening.
It was basically unexpectedly fun and enjoyable :)

I went to Dunmania with my 4k class. A few of us were already in the hall (venue) when Zixin called me, telling us to go vet her outfit (lol). We then went back to the hall and ate dinner. Halfway through our dinner (how inconvenient), the emcees wanted us to play some games, which were quite entertaining!

When there were performances, it was a bit awkward initially because no one dared to go to the centre; we were sitting in a semicircle all around at the edges with no one daring to go to the centre. Finally (after we finished our dinner of course), almost all of us went to the centre to just try and get into a high mood. Hahaha. The songs were abit inappropriate in that it wasn't 'dance-y' enough such that it could get us all excited enough. We were still a bit 'subdued', but towards the end, when we sang our level song out loud, we could feel the atmosphere go to an all-time high, with all of us linking arms over shoulders, singing our hearts out (surprising that we can still remember the song!!! :D). I felt that was the ultimate and best moment of the YEP.

After that was the Hunger Games!!! We were all very very excited because we did not know what to expect at all. We had paper bracelets where we could 'kill' each other by tearing off the bracelets. We had to find food and paper balls as well to win the game. If we got killed, we have to surrender whatever we had. We were also split into several colours: green, blue, yellow and red. I was green. We then headed to the Cornucopia (the hardest word to pronounce ever!) which was the parade square where we started the games. All of us ran like mad LOL. It was very hard to reunite with the rest of the green team later on since we were all still very cautious and hesitant about what to do. We finally found them at the staircase near the library. It was actually pretty cool because we were like this career pack, except that we were the green team :)) There were some blue people stuck in this closet like thing under the staircase; they wouldn't and couldn't come out because the whole green team was outside hahaha. We eventually moved on because the place got cordoned off -.- \

I would say that the game got pretty violent and scary from then on. The guys in our teams were like 'attack!' or 'run!', which made it kind of exciting though. :P There was this part when we had to catch this girl who was not from our team. She ran and around 5 of us girls pounced on her and started to grab her bracelet. It was actually quite violent and scary LOL. I was even surprised at how violent we were. We managed to get her bracelet though all the time we were pulling and grabbing her, we were asking if she was okay. Ironic much.

The green team was actually managing pretty well initially. The turning point came when we got chased by some random group (somehow we ran away instead of fighting). We separated. When we got back, a few guys from our team were dead already, which made it kind of depressing because they were the ones who were always leading the pack. We were kind of at a loss as to what we should do. Eventually, a few of us girls and Noel decided to go down to the first level, basically because the second level got cordoned off too GAH IRRITATING.

When we went down, we saw some green colour people. I saw Huiyi, Joelle and Benedict, who were walking towards me, which already seemed weird by then. When they came towards me, I saw this huge group of people suddenly started coming. Then IF I AM NOT WRONG, I heard Huiyi said something like this to me, "You know we were hiding right?" OMG. I then knew that the people behind were red and so I shouted to the green to run. I managed to run away, but Noel got caught!!!!!! And he was the one with all the paper balls for the green team!!!! GAH I WAS SO FREAKING ANGRY. So I ran back and tried to tear off Benedict's bracelet, because he got the paper balls for the red team. But in the process, my bracelet got torn, WHAT THE )_*(^&%@$$#$@!! Grrrrrrr. And I think that quite a lot of green people got killed because of that 'ambush'. I am not sure about the situation, but I am pretty sure that this was what happened. That was sooooo disappointing because there was just 15 mins left before the games end =.=. Why did I dieeeeee????? So annoying.

We then had the finale, where the 5 strongest from each team would supposedly fight to the death. I was at the top because I DIED. (Lol I hate the red team) I couldn't understand anything that happened, except that there were some really violent parts. There were a lot of guys chasing Yee Han and he got killed. Then Joelle and Amanda wanted to attack this girl (forgot her name) together, but the plan kind of backfired and Joelle got pushed to the floor. O_o I am truly amazed at the wildness we possess within ourselves.

Overall, the hunger games were quite fun and exciting, considering that we had never had something like this before. It was rather successful, I would say :D It did create a certain degree of fear and anticipation in me while I was playing the game, making it seem like the real thing!

After the whole hunger games thing, we proceeded to the movie marathon. I initially wanted to bathe, but there were so many people and so few cubicles that I did not D: At least the air-con in the hall helped me feel less dirty.

The movie marathon consisted of movies which I had watched before. Night at the Museum 1, Real Steel (I just rewatched it last weekend), Flipped and Step Up 3. I wanted to play poker cards and did so with Karen, Huiyi and Louis. Playing bridge with them then was really quite fun because all of them are quite good players. This made the game very interesting, and made me use my brain more. Playing with them was soo FUN. I was actually on a winning streak, until I paired with Louis 3 times in a row - that was when I started losing hahahaha. This happened because I realised that whenever I pair up with Louis, it is always when one of us bid for 3 of something, making it such that we had to win 9 sets. We did win around 2 rounds of 9 sets, but we started losing later on, hahahhaha.

Then, LPL came along.

The reason why we even started playing bridge was because Mdm Low (year head) said that whatever we wanted to do, be it play poker card games, keep it in the hall. Therefore we assumed that we were allowed to play poker card games. Ms Yeoh and probably Mdm Low passed us so many times, and we were playing bridge, but they did not stop us. Only LPL did! ZZZ. SO PISSED AT HIM.

He came and said that he was going to confiscate the cards, making me very puzzled. So I told him that mdm Low said and even announced that we were allowed to play poker cards. He then said that we were playing poker card games in the hall. The hall is in the school, so we are playing poker card games in the school and that is still not allowed. WTH. Seriously?! That kind of reasoning does not even make sense. But we (being such GOOD students), still gave him the cards.

My impression of LPL was actually improving, but now, it has just taken a u-turn and went the other way round. This experience has just told me two things: He is inflexible and unreasonable.

Inflexible because he doesn't know when to make exceptions. Mdm Low has already announced that we could play poker card games. We are not even gambling! Just because it says in the rule books or whatever, doesn't mean that such a rule cannot be broken all the time. Does it mean that since it says that we have to wear the tie on all Mondays, we must definitely wear a tie even though national day celebrations happen to be on a Monday, and we are supposed to wear red tees??? His reasoning of the hall being in the school blah blah doesn't make sense because Mdm Low already said/implied that we could play bridge in the hall. Why can't he make exceptions and be slightly flexible?

Unreasonable because: fine, assuming Mdm Low did not mean that, and that we were not supposed to play bridge in the hall, seeing that we THOUGHT that we could, shouldn't he be more understanding and tell it to us in a nicer way, and not confiscate our cards? As a teacher, yes, you can be strict, but you should be understanding as well. I mean, I thought that we could play. So if I was wrong, just tell me nicely and tell me to keep the cards. I will definitely stop playing them. What for confiscate my cards? Hello???? Those are MY cards. Is there such a need for such an extreme measure? It is not as if I was breaking the rules INTENTIONALLY. If I did, fine, confiscate them for all you want. However, I broke the rules under a misconception. Shouldn't that render me some understanding on your part?

After that, I was just so pissed because it wasn't as if I was entirely in the wrong. I was indignant because he made it SEEM as if I was wrong. GAHHHHHHH. RANT RANT RANT. We were all complaining. Basically, the mood was just ruined. And the bridge game was so good too!!!! Luckily, he confiscated my SIA cards, which were free, and technically ugly according to me. But whatever, those were my cards, and I felt that he had confiscated them under unreasonable circumstances, and that is what made me so angry.

Grrrrr. Anyway, I slept through most of the marathon, but I woke up occasionally and managed to watch a part of every movie. I watched the last part of Real Steel again LOL. We (4k) then went to Mac's to eat breakfast (of which that just happened around 3 hours ago!! :D)

Had a really great experience not bathing for more than 30 hours, spending time with friends, playing games and having fun (despite the cards part)! YEP will definitely be memorable for many years to come~! :D

No comments: