Friday, September 12, 2008

just finished the psle listening compre and immediately online while cooking my lunch.

today was okay except for the fact that i did not bring an umbrella to sch and in the end have to share with my friend, rachel lim, thank you! :)

sorry that i did not continue the story yesterday, was in sch when posting.

argh! i got so many lead assignments that i am going to tear my hair out. just kidding.

anyway, continuing. and my neighbour is there shouting dunno crazy stuff. hate it.... sigh. there it goes again! :(

oops, sorry but then, there is a mistake in my story. this part is supposed to be like this: (wrong words in bold)
My mum…will she help me or reprimand me for staying up so late? I shuddered. My mum was a teacher and was known to be able to deal with children cases in a proper manner. (deleted the part about dad and mom quarreling) I am not sure what her reaction would be after hearing about this incident. I trudged my way home and pushed the gate which joints were rusty and needed oiling. -mom is already divorced


the continuation of the story:
I munched on my sushi and spoke through a muffled voice, “Mum, are you seeing someone?” She choked and coughed till I had to pat her back before she was ok. “Sue…where did you get that idea from?” she asked, eyeing me suspiciously. She must be thinking, “Was she spying on me? I must be careful!” I giggled and answered, “These days, you seem pretty elated and a momentary smile always flickers across your face. So, I thought…. Anyway, if you are really seeing that doctor, go for it mum!” I winked. She stared at me like I was some crazy woman and then burst out laughing. She guffawed, “Sue! My own daughter! He’s married, darling! I was going for my monthly checkups! Oh my god! Haha!” I listened, stunned. My face was flushed until the tips of my ears are red. “Oh…I see… Sorry for the misunderstanding, mom,” I stammered. She suddenly became serious. “I am sorry, Sue. But I haven’t got over what happened between your father and me. I cannot take the chance to be hurt again. I…” she trailed off, tears streaming down her face. I spoke softly, “It’s ok, mum. Everyone gets hurt once in a while,” I remembered what happened between James, my ex-boyfriend, and me, “you just have to learn to be strong and overcome it…” I had started crying too.
“Honey, what’s wrong? You don’t cry easily, that I remember.” I stifled a sob and could not stand it anymore. I blurted out the whole thing. My mom’s mouth was wide agape as she digested this piece of information. She screamed, “That son of a bitch! How dare he bully my daughter? He is going to get it from me when I drive you to school tomorrow!” I hugged her and cried. We stayed like that for an hour.
I sat on my bed and looked out of the window, it was raining. Raindrops trickled down the windowpanes and then, finally, dropped to the middle of the sideway. How lovely it would be to be able to just run away from your problems, just leave them far behind, never to be seen again. My problem with James, tomorrow, I would have to face him. What would he do? Will he do something rough towards me? Most importantly, what would mum do? I don’t want her chasing after him down the road, acting like a mad woman. I sighed out of frustration. So many things, my head is going to burst. At that moment, unconsciously, I cried again. It was the third time I am doing this. Why can’t I stop? I blinked and more tears came. I mumbled to no one in particular, “Take me. Take me away, away from this place, to a place called paradise.” But I knew that such places don’t exist, because this was like hell to me.

~

I held onto the car handle fast. My mum and her reckless driving, one more time and I am going to vomit. My hair was in a mess but was soon fixed with the brush of my comb and the rearview mirror. “I have to speak to that boy,” my mom said sternly. Sometimes, I get really frightened too and cower to her. She was a lioness, firm yet charming.
As we stepped out of the car, the vision of my school and students rushing around filled my eyes. I looked around for James and was unusually relieved to find out that James was not here yet. “Where’s that rascal?” my mom demanded. I said urgently, “He is not here yet,” and rushed off to my class. “Hey, Sue! Come back here!” my mother shouted, not furious, just puzzled. I ignored her and went in, there, suddenly, was my boyfriend, the one whom I was suppose to meet that night. Derrick. His eyes blazed. I was in trouble. I instinctively avoided his gaze and pretended that I did not see him. I tried to walk past him. He grabbed my hand. “Nice try,” he said. He pressed me against the wall. He asked furiously, “Where were you that night? I waited for you for one whole hour!” I trembled and stammered, “I, I can explain.” He shouted, “This will teach you a lesson!” He grabbed my wrist and pulled me to the staircase where no one was. Deserted. Derrick snarled. Then, he started kissing me furiously and hugging me. I struggled. No, not the same thing! I pushed him away and ran for my life. I then went to the ladies. I shut myself in a cubicle and naturally, cried. Why was I abused again and again? Was I just a toy to be played with? Why?


to be continued~

No comments: