Friday, September 5, 2008

yesterday, my family and i saw a ladybird cute! i wanna upload the video but soooo long so i gave up, sigh! anyway, tonight my family going to eat pepper lunch whereby we have to cook our own food! so fun haha! anyway, continue the story :

Then, I stopped short. I was cornered. No way to run. I turned around to face this menacing man. He advances towards me and his hands reached out. He was a predator and I was a helpless and hapless prey! Beads of sweat dripped down my forehead. He pinned me down. I struggled and screamed with the lungs of an eighteen year old girl. The cold floor was in sharp contrast with the warm body of the assailant. I was trapped. He glowered above me. We wrestled on the cold floor. I fought tooth and nail to stay alive! He ripped my clothing. He was going to strip me of all my dignity! However, I was not going to throw in the towel. I kept on struggling until there was not an ounce of strength left in me.
Finally, I gave a hard kick. My ex-boyfriend was thrown to the ground. I hurriedly made my escape while he lay slumped on the floor, groaning in pain from the impact of the attack. While running, I pinned my clothes back with tears running down my cheeks. I scanned the empty room. I prayed fervently for some divine intervention. Like an answer to my prayer, I saw light coming from underneath a door. Tears of joy sprang out! I pushed the door eagerly. Yes! I was free. I then bolted the door from the outside. “He will not be able to escape now,” I thought with relief.
As I walk down the streets leading to my house with people drunk at two o’clock in the morning, I could not resist the temptation to cry again. I was nearly a victim to a man’s needs! How could I face the world? I suddenly felt so lonely… I glanced up and saw my house. My mum…will she help me or reprimand me for staying up so late? I shuddered. My parents were both teachers and were known to be able to deal with children cases in a proper manner. However, these days, they have been arguing over the tiniest matters. They had even mentioned the word ‘divorce’ before! I am not sure what their reactions after hearing about this incident will be. I trudged my way home and pushed the gate which joints were rusty and needed oiling. Creak! I sighed. I tip-toed to my bedroom and looked around the bedroom which had been mine since I was five. All my memories, tears and laughter were stored here. I changed out of my stinking clothes and wore new ones.
Afterwards, I laid on my bed. Memories of what had happened one hour ago flashed before my eyes and started dancing in front of my eyes. I was startled and sat up. My deep breathing became pantings. My clothes were soon drenched with sweat. I lay down again, curled up. That night, I cried myself to sleep.


story will be continued~

No comments: