Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Sorry if i set my blog private as one teach is gonna check lol..... and i haven been posting as got psle and i finally got this chance to do it! :) continuation of story of cuz

The teacher scribbled line after line on the whiteboard, rattling off like a machine gun as he went on. I looked around helplessly. None of my classmates seemed as lost. Even Marcus, who was usually dim-witted and slow, was nodding his head eagerly. As I struggled to keep up with the pace of my teacher, the untidy scrawl on my notebook was gradually reduced to illegible snakelike drawings. My hand was aching. Flexing my fingers, I picked up my pen again and jotted the notes down hurriedly, trying desperately to keep up with the supersonic pace of my teacher. “What… what was the last formula?” I whispered to a girl sitting beside me, Sally. She merely frowned and whispered back in a hushed tone, “I think it was a=x and x=z+273.” I stared at her as if she was an alien from outer space and quickly wrote down what she just told me. Finally, as if an angel from heaven had just come, the bell rang and I heaved a sigh of relief. “What a day,” I muttered under my breath. I packed my back as my teacher droned on about what we were supposed to bring and then about the pop quiz that we might or might not have tomorrow.
As fast as my legs could carry me, I ran like the wind to the next classroom which I was supposed to go for my history lesson. While dashing past a skin-coloured blur, I spotted James at a corner, eyeing me in a suspicious manner. However, oblivious to my surroundings, I collided with a guy.
Birds were flying round my head like those in tweety-bird shows. I mumbled an apology and started to pick up my books which had fallen to the ground. One of the pupils was so mischievous that he stepped on one of my history books on purpose. I took a deep breath trying to smother the fury rising up in me. I clenched my teeth so hard that I felt the muscles in my throat grow taut. I shouted at the blonde haired boy, “Stop!” my voice wavering out of control. “Ya think you can just step around my books like they were carpets? Where is you humanity? Eh? Stop giving me that kind of flabbergasted look with your mouth opened like a goldfish!” I glared at him with reproachful eyes and tension hung painfully in the corridor.
When I calmed down and realized what I was doing, I gasped, shocked at the sudden transformation of myself. I looked down at the ground, not daring to meet the eyes of the boy. Finally, I quickened my steps and hurried past the crowd.
When I reached my classroom, I sighed. What had happened to me? I buried my face in my hands and tried to collect my thoughts. A few moments later, a stylish, brown haired, pretty teacher walked into the classroom. I did not notice her till she spoke, with a voice with authority. I looked up and caught my first glimpse of her. “Apparently, Rosa will not be taking this class from this moment onwards, of course,” she gave a infectious smile, “so I will be teaching you all for history. I will try to make the so-called-boring history classes interesting.”

No comments: