Tuesday, September 9, 2008

well, today was ok, gonna revise later! :) sigh.... i typed the continuation of e story, enjoy! and i found out my marks:
eng:89
maths:95
sci:86
chi:89
hmt:72(worst ever)
total is 431/500. lol. i think i dropped! :(

Ring!!! My alarm clock rang. I opened one eye and glanced at the time. Then, dozed back to sleep again. “Sue, time for breakfast!” my mom shouted for below. I groaned and forced my still flexible body to sit up. I walk lazily to the toilet and did the usual routine unconsciously. I put on my favourite light purple sweater and jeans. Afterwards, I tied my hair into a ponytail. As I walked down the stairs, my head got clearer and I felt fresher.
“So, Sue. Where did you go last night? I waited for you till midnight.” My mom was always the first to strike up a conversation. At that instant, I stopped momentarily and shivered. Last night. What happened last night? My ex-boyfriend! He…he…. “What’s wrong, honey?” my mother asked, concerned. I was startled and recovered from the shock quickly and briefly answered, “Oh, I went out with my friends.” I then quickly turned to do the dishes. She knew that sign and did not continue the interrogation. I heaved a sigh of relief. However, a tear slid down my face and got mixed up with the soapy water in the basin. I was glad that the blasting water from the basin covered up the fact that I was crying. Again.

~

Very soon, I was sure that I would run out of tears and would dehydrate one day. I stared at my cushy pillow. It was soaking wet with my tears. I just could not get over the incident. I thought, “Oh man, mom’s going to come back from work soon. I better clear this mess.” I got a new pillow cover but it was no use as the inside of the pillow was wet too. So, I got a new pillow altogether from the storeroom and replaced the old one. Finally, I was done. At that moment, I heard a car screeching outside and knew that was my dear old mom. She had barely passed her driving test but was determined to drive a car wherever she goes. Just to prove my father wrong.
They had been divorced for about ten years. He left when I was eight. My mother screamed when he walked out of the house with the suitcase she bought for him, full of his belongings. I asked my mom innocently, with big adorable hazel brown eyes, “Mummy, where is daddy going? I want to go too.” But she was too devastated to answer. All I could do was hug my favourite toy and console her although I did not know why she was crying. Then, she hugged me and said in between sobs, “Sue, I am going to create a bright future for you and let that bastard father regret it!” I then answered mildly, “Ok, momma.”
“What are we having for dinner, mom?” I asked eagerly once I heard my stomach rumbling furiously. “We are having your favourite sushi!” she smiled. I looked at her and grinned. She was my idol. Her slim body and reclining figure would make any man drool. You would not even guess that she was forty years old. Recently, she was seeing a doctor in the nearby hospital a lot. Well, maybe they had chemistry…


to be continued~

No comments: