Tuesday, October 20, 2009

thirteen reasons why

I went to the library yesterday and I borrowed THREE books.
By today, I had already finished 2 books. :D An accomplishment!!!!
Anyway, I MUST MUST MUST tell you about this book, "TH1RTEEN R3ASONS WHY".



"Clay Jenson doesn't want anything to do with the tapes Hannah Baker made. Hannah is dead. Her secrets should be buried with her. Then Hannah's voice tells Clay that his name is on his tapes -- and that he is, in some way, responsible for her death. All through the night, Clay keeps listening. He follows Hannah's recorded words throughout his small town... and what he discovers changes his life forever." (quoted from the cover of "Thirteen Reasons Why")
This is an extremely touching and fascinating story. The tapes and the people she mention are all so real, in some ways. The fact that you find some of them similar to you is eerie. The way Hannah says her feelings, like when she wants to die, is so truthful and heart rendering. I had some of the emotions mentioned in the book before, and I find it scary that she can actually say out exactly how I felt at that point of time. This book would teach you a true lesson about trying, giving up and lastly, hope. All the people who have heard these tapes are forced to reflect on what they have done and think about how did it affect Hannah. I strongly encourage everyone to read this, it is a book in a million.


references: http://andromeda.plymouthlibrary.org/blog/libchoice/images/13reasonswhy.jpg
http://students.georgiasouthern.edu/greeklife/images/5star

No comments: