Sunday, November 29, 2009

2009 psle

Hey guys! Yesterday, I went to my grandma's house and visited her. Lots of good food! Yummy!!! XD Anyway, I went to buy a magazine, "Hot" at Compass Point. Did not know there was this magazine there in the first place. So, there are all sorts of hot news and stuff about celebrities, mainly Hollywood. XP Less of the hongkong stars etc. Hongkong stars are mostly for I-zhou-kan. :)

So, this years top PSLE is 290 marks out of 300. Sian, it was 3 marks higher than my year. Haha. Anw, Jingwen's sister did not manage to beat her I think. LOL. Everyone keeps comparing marks here and there. It is also kinda pressurizing lehs. And, TG(from taiwan) who lives at Iris' block got 230. Not bad lehs. Actually, these kids from overseas only need to grasp English, then they can score already. Cuz I heard from Yidan (From softball, China) that she came to Singapore just to learn English only. In fact, China the Science and Maths system is much more tougher! WOW!

So, yeah. And yesterday's newspaper report wrote an article about the Australian show that says that Singapore's parents are one of the strictest parents in the WORLD. Click here - World's Strictest Parents, Aug 19 to view the video. I cant see the video for some reason so yeah. Anw, the children say that this is like one of the strictest routine they have ever had. I was reading the 'rules' and realised that they are actually NORMAL. For Singapore, that is. Those are the reaaalllllyyyyy normal rules! Here are they:
  • No smoking
  • No alcohol
  • No sleepovers
  • No boyfriends or girlfriends
  • No swearing
  • Must spend every Sunday as a family
  • Studies come first
  • No skipping school
  • Internet must be used in loungeroom so parents can see what sites they’re logging onto.
They are like real simple and straight-forward. They are the kind of rules I expect. K, maybe some are overly-harsh. Like, the internet being in the loungeroom. And the boyfriends and girlfriends, and the sleepover part. But, things like skipping school, smoking, alcohol and stuff, these are kinda expected right??? LOL. So yeah. Singapore is NOT that strict. But then, we ARE kind of conservative. After all, we are made of Chinese, Malays, Indians. These are the races which have their own tradition and bringing up their kids properly is one of them. Definitely. While the Americans might be... a tad too adventurous. They leave their kids uncontrolled. While too much control is not good, too little control is also not good.

Also, I was watching Rush Hour 3 on TV when I started outlining a model in the newspaper. I decided to scan it since it looks quite nice XD
Sources: The New Paper on Sunday

P.S. Anyone wanna watch 'New Moon' with me???

No comments: