Wednesday, November 11, 2009

farewell

I shall be talking about Mr Sng's farewell ceromony. :) It happened on the 6th Nov 2009.

The start of the ceremony was obviously welcoming Mr Sng. He was wearing something like a backpack. Looks so funny!!!! XP Then all of Dunman High cheered damn loudly. Cameras were flashing and the mood was HIGH~ It was like Mr Sng was some kind of superstar! :D

They started with a video I think. It was made by the teachers. It was sooooo funny! Especially they way the teachers act and talk, even sing! There was one vid where the teachers show what characteristics Mr Sng have. So, to show the next one, the next teacher would push the previous teacher away. The way they did it was sooo funny!!!!!! XD I really have to admit that their 'acting' skills are not bad. :P

Afterwards, each year would present something like a presentation for Mr Sng. Naturally, the year 1s went first. I have to say, Boning's acting was good! And funny! Haha. Especially the part where he sang. At the starting, he went abit off-tune and the dunmanians laughed. I really pei fu him for even though the students laughed, he continued to sing bravely. Seriously, not everyone can sing in front of the whole crowd, much less the principal.
The rest of the years' performance are kinda mundane. But I know that they put a lot of effort into it. However, I feel that the year 1s performance was the most 'colourful' as it was funny and full of life. :D

Although, the students have to bear some pain as well. :( We sat on the ground for 3 hours+ and there was not really enough space. Grace and I have to take turns to like switch sitting positions. One of us would sit cross legged while the other would bend her knees like the usual crying position??? Haha. So it was quite excruciating. I think I am exaggerating with the word, "excruciating". Heehee. XD

Then, Mr Sng gave a speech. Even though he said that he was going to make it short, he dragged it in the end. -.- Hahas. He thanked us, students, as well as those who have helped him in one way or another. There was this incident mentioned when someone whose job was not to help him wash his coffee cup, helped him. I think that that person was really a good role model. He went out of his way to help Mr Sng and that deserves to be praised. :D

The finale was the best part I think! We sung "当你孤单你会想起谁". I absolutely love singing as a whole school. I think that one good point of Dunman High is when we have this mass singing session, everyone will sing. Even if they dun sing loudly, they will at least whisper. The very last part was when we have to sing the SCHOOL SONG. That time was the loudest I have ever heard DHS sing. I could not help but smile at hearing everyone sing. That moment was unforgettable. It was one of those times when you have a warm feeling enveloping your body, making you shiver :D

Lastly, I would like to give my thanks to Mr Sng. Even though I do not know him well, I would still like to express my appreciation for what he had done for Dunman High. He designed programmes that would enrich our learning experience and he spent money and time on building a new campus so as to create a conducive environment for us to study. All these are worth thanking for. :) It is also because of his part in governing the school that Dunman High can shine today. :D Thanks, Mr Sng.


~thanks for all the memories

No comments: