Tuesday, December 29, 2009

bored

I am kinda bored now. Sighs. I have set up a twitter account... And then, nothing. Sigh~
It has been kinda boring this days. RC seems boring already. And I am gonna read "To Kill a Mockingbird" which is most probably gonna put me to sleep.
So, I had an idea to write a short story. Since I haven't really written one for so long since I stopped that one story...
I had an urge to write a tragedy story. heehee. XP

---

I looked up to the vast blue sky. I caught a glimpse of a rainbow before it disappear. It had been raining a few minutes before. Taking a deep breath, I looked down. A view of the city and its people made my stomach lurch. However, it wasn't long before I calmed myself down. I had to overcome this fear if I was going to jump. Yes, indeed. I am now on top of a 20-storey building. With a fantastic view below me and a glimpse of a colourful rainbow, I should be exhilarated, except for the fact that I was not here to take a breather. You see, my lover had just been murdered. She had been murdered by her most trusted friend, Diane.

On that fateful night, I was with my lover. We were snuggling together to watch a movie that we had rented. Snacking on chips and drinking soda, it was the best night that I could imagine. Nobody else was there but my lover and I. Then, my lover said that she had forgotten to go take out the trash. I argued with her that we could still do that tomorrow. She grumbled that by then, it would have been stinky. I should have stopped her. I should have just stopped her by force and refused to let her go. But I did not. I let her go. The next moment, I heard a shrill scream that belonged to my lover. I ran out as fast as I could. I managed to see who the culprit was before she ran away. I rushed to my lover and saw that she had cuts all over her. She was stabbed in the stomach too. She was bleeding profusely. I was frightened and shivered. It took me all of my psychological strength to move from that spot and call the ambulance and police.

Investigations continued and Diane was sentenced to a life of imprisonment. I thought, "What is the use of that? She will not be brought back to life." While speaking to Diane, she apologised profusely. When I asked her why, she sobbed with tears falling down her reddened cheeks, "I was jealous. I have always loved you since high school. But you loved her instead of me. She was my close friend! I never thought that she would be the one you chose. I felt betrayed so I..." She could not continue. I did not console her for I could not. How could I forgive the murderer of my wife, of my lover, of my everything? I just walked away.

The next few days without my lover seemed meaningless. The fact that she was murdered made me inconsolable. I walked around aimlessly. Finally, I realised that there was no more meaning for me to live. The wound in my heart could not be cured. Hence, here I am now. I sighed. I was finally going to be at peace. My suffering and pain would soon be over. I took a deep breath. I jumped. I am coming, Rose.

---

There it is. I hope that I did not de-proved or anything. I did not really use any flowery language this time. So, I hope it turns out okay. :)

~bored

No comments: