Wednesday, December 2, 2009

tag

My mum said something about a tag on my blog last night and I went to check it out.
"1 Dec 09, 21:09
maranda: oi your blog post is in the newpaper"
That was what it said.
LOL.
I not even sure if it is true. Well, I checked The Straits Times. So I think that it might be just some one faking. But it is kinda cool if such a thing happens, eh?
[updated]
Turns out Maranda was not joking. There was a follow-up of the Australian parents thingy and Singaporean parents being too strict. Maranda said that they quoted from my blog. I am trying to find out the full story. But I cannot. This is a link to what I believe is the report. Click here.

Last night, I was watching a documentary showing on okto, "Extreme Bodies". The episode was talking about dwarfs. It talked about the health conditions that they have, etc. I feel that they are INDEED looked down upon by normal, healthy human beings. However, the individuals shown on the documentary have shown awesome will-power and perseverance. They work hard to show us that they can do it too. There was this one man and his wife who are both dwarfs. The husband is sportsman that was trying to win a Paralympic medal. His wife has won a silver medal for Paralympics once. She swam the 50m breaststroke. :D Pro, huh? It is amazing what they can do, seriously. :) And, whats more amazing is that their son is NOT a dwarf. Even though this is more or less hereditary, he still did not get the disease. :)

There was this girl who had a curve in her spine because she was a dwarf. It is less common in normal human beings, but 40 to 50% of dwarfs get this disease. So, yeah. She had to get an operation which straightens her spine by moving the bone, one by one. Cuz they are interlocked. And then, he will insert this long piece of metal which will enable the spine to remain straight. I was thinking, since the spine is CURVING, then when they straighten it, wont it be like too long for the girl's back??? LOLs.

Then, there was this other guy who was the normal size of a human. BUT he was a dwarf once. His mother made him go through a special treatment while he was of the age 12 to 16. He had LENGTHENED his bones by fracturing and breaking them continuously! Cuz the bone had a natural healing system when the bones break, they purposely broke it and left a gap so the bone will be lengthened. However, the treatment was excruciating. The guy still has scars on his legs till now. However, this treatment is still highly controversial. I myself think that such a treatment was kinda not worth it in a short term. Even though u are tall already, the scars on your legs may still put people off. As a dwarf, I think that they should look at things from a better perspective and ADAPT to their environment.

Yep. So eh last night. My mother, brother and I were like chatting where to eat today for dinner when the topic shifted to London, then to us not speaking good english. Haha. Remember a post where I wrote about a similar thing? About how we tend to shift from one thing to another when we talk. Haha. XD Anw, my grandma's back. :)


~living my life

No comments: